(Approx 450g) The finest 100% British beef mince, sourced from grass-fed Yorkshire cattle. Our steak mince can be used for a variety of quick after-work dishes including spaghetti bolognese, chilli con carne and meatballs — just to name a few. All our beef is from grass-fed, traditional breed cattle, dry aged on the bone for 21 days before being expertly butchered to create superior steak mince.
Steak Mince Weight: Approx 450 grams (1 lb)
Beef mince from Eat Great Meat comes from high-quality steak cuts of the cattle to create delicious mince with rich flavour and without gristle. All our beef is not only British, but sourced from Yorkshire farms local to us in Sheffield. It allows us to guarantee the very best flavour from the very best cattle. We only use grass-fed, heritage breeds including Dexter, Highland and Red Poll to ensure the best steak mince and from farmers with whom we’ve developed lasting relationships over generations.
Steak Mince Recipe Inspiration
Beef steak mince has almost endless possibilities! Why not try it in spaghetti bolognese, chilli con carne, meatloaf or well-seasoned, tender meatballs? Our steak mince is the best choice because it has such a rich flavour is makes for unbeatable meals. It also has the very best texture to create delicious meatballs without worrying about off-putting gristle. Instead, you can create mouth-watering bites of tender beef.
Beef mince can be used to make homemade burgers, lasagne, Mexican tacos, cottage pie, beef biryani and so much more!
Here’s our recipe for a delicious steak mince pie…
Beef Mince Pie Recipe
This recipe serves 4 people.
- 450g/1lb 2oz beef mince
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1½ tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 75g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 250ml beef stock
- Worcestershire sauce
- 400g (pre-made) shortcrust pastry
- 1 free-range egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Add a little oil to a deep frying pan and heat on a medium heat. Add the beef mince and fry for 4-5 minutes, breaking it up as it browns.
- Add the onion and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook for another 2-3 minutes then stir in the flour, cooking for another minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, the beef stock and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, cover and then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Set the beef mixture aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 180 with a fan oven.
- Roll out the pastry onto a lightly floured surface to slightly larger than the size of your pastry dish.
- Pour the beef mixture into the pie dish and cover with the pastry, pressing it firmly down to the edges and trimming.
- Make some slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape then brush the pastry with the egg yolk.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
British Beef Mince
Choose British beef mince from Eat Great Meat for premium taste and texture, no matter what recipe you’re making!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.