Finely marbled sirloin steak is a popular choice as one of the most flavoursome and succulent beef steaks. Ideal for grilling, frying or stir-frying. Our sirloin steaks are from grass fed traditional breed cattle from Yorkshire, dry aged on the bone for at least 21 days to create the very best sirloin steak.
£4.95 – £7.65
Best Sirlion Steak
At Eat Great Meat, we’re sure our sirloin steak is the best. It’s delicately marbled and dry-aged for a minimum of 21 days, but it’s really due to the superior beef that our sirloin is the best.
Our beef comes from grass fed, heritage breeds of British cattle, from farms local to us in Yorkshire. This includes Dexter, Highland, Red Poll and Hereford. We have spent generations building lasting relationships with local farmers to ensure the best meat for our customers.
Because of this, our sirloin is tender, delicately marbled for a superior taste and added succulence and, we believe, the best you’ll find the country.
What is Sirloin Steak?
Sirloin is a particular cut of beef, describing the area of the cattle from which it comes. The sirloin area is what people might call the back — the upper middle — of the cattle just before you reach the rump. It’s the same area from which the T bone and porterhouse steaks are cut (but these include more than just the sirloin).
It’s an extremely popular cut of steak because it’s known for being one of the most tender.
How To Cook Sirloin Steak
You can grill a sirloin steak, but we recommend frying. Choose a heavy pan if possible as these are better for holding heat.
- Take your steaks out of the fridge in advance so they can reach room temperature.
- Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan on high (but you don’t want it smoking).
- Drizzle some oil into the pan and leave for a moment.
- Place the steak into the pan, you can also add a knob of butter and some herbs if you like.
- For a rare sirloin steak, sear on each side for approximately a minute and a half. For medium rare, 2 minutes on each side.
- Take the steaks out of the pan and leave to rest for around five minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Choose sirloin steak from Eat Great Meat to get the best texture and a mouth-watering flavour.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.