Wagyu Steak Ingredients
2 x wagyu sirloin
1 x large golden beetroot
150 ml sour cream
1tbsp wasabi paste
For the glaze:
1 x tbsp Mirin
1 x tbsp saki
1 x tbsp soy sauce
2 x tbsp orange juice or juice of one orange
1 x tsp chopped garlic
1 x tsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 hours before cooking, remove steak from fridge and get to room temperature.
- Turn oven to 200c (conventional oven). Blend all ingredients for glaze until you make a smooth paste.
- Blend wasabi and sour cream together until smooth and refrigerate.
- Glaze both sides of steak.
- Peel beet and slice into thickish slices.
- Place on greaseproof paper with a little oil and bake in oven for 15 min.
- Heat a pan until smoking Fry steak for 1.5 min each side then wrap in foil