Bone-in sirloin is succulent and tender. Keeping the steak on the bone helps to cook our grass-fed, heritage beef more evenly and retains all the moisture.
Bone-In Sirloin Steak
Sirloin Steak On The Bone
Bone in sirloin steak has all the same premium texture of classic sirloin steak, but keeping the bone in adds extra flavour. It’s a delicious beef cut from further back on the sirloin. It is generally less moist than rib-eye but keeping the bone in helps retain the moisture to get an incredibly tender steak.
The sirloin cut comes from upper middle of the cow and is incredibly delicious!
All our beef is not only British, but comes from farms local to us in South Yorkshire, we’ve spent generations developing relationships with farmers so we can guarantee incredibly tasty beef. Eat Great Meat are 8th generation family butchers, recently moving all our business online to provide premium, butcher quality meat at cheaper prices, and enabling people all around the country to get the very best produce.
All our bone in sirloin steaks (and our other beef cuts!) are from grass-fed, heritage breeds of cow. The beef is expertly butchered at Eat Great Meat and dry aged for a minimum of 21 days.
How to Cook Sirloin on the Bone
- Remove the sirloin from the fridge and pat dry at least one hour before cooking so it can reach room temperature.
- Heat the pan or griddle to smoking hot.
- Rub salt and pepper into the steak just before cooking.
- Place the steak on the pan and be sure not to overcrowd the surface by cooking too many in one go.
- For medium-rare, cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side and then 3-4 on the second side.
- Leave to rest for at least 5 minutes (preferably 10!) before serving.
If you’re looking for a delicious sirloin steak bone in, then choose Eat Great Meat. We have premium beef cuts sure to make any mouth water!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.