One of the most luxurious cuts of beef for roasting. Dry aged on the bone for 21 days, our rolled sirloin is de-boned, ready to roast and easy to carve.
£22.50 – £56.25
Rolled Beef Sirloin
Rolled sirloin from Eat Great Meat is a truly delicious way to enjoy tender Yorkshire beef. The sirloin has a slightly lower fat content than a rib-eye cut making the rolled sirloin joint perfect for serving medium rare. A medium rare roast helps to lock in all the moisture and enhances the mouth-watering flavour of the beef.
The sirloin part of the cow is the equivalent of its back, before you reach the rump. It’s one of the most prized cuts of beef because it’s very tender and has a really rich taste. It makes for one of the most delicious beef roasting joints! If you want to impress a crowd, treat your family or simply enjoy the best cut of beef, then this is the joint for you.
All our beef, including our rolled sirloin joints, come from Yorkshire cattle. Raised not far from where we’re based, we are extremely selective with the farmers with whom we work to ensure that every beef joint we produce is of the very highest quality. All the cattle we use are grass-fed and from traditional, heritage breeds including Red Poll, Belted Galloway, Dexter and Hereford — among others.
Eat Great Meat are Yorkshire family butchers with over 8 generations of experience and we truly believe that Yorkshire beef is the best. (Okay, we might be a little biased, but we have tried a lot of different kinds!) We think that everyone in the country deserves to eat the very best rolled sirloin and, generally, the very best beef. This is why we work with local farmers and deliver our meat throughout the UK.
Rolled Sirloin Roast Recipe
Want to know how to cook rolled sirloin? Follow this recipe for a delicious sirloin roast perfect for Sunday dinner or a mid-week feast!
- Rolled sirloin
- 2 tbsp of beef fat (or vegetable oil)
- 350ml red wine
- 300ml beef stock
- Sprigs of thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
- Remove the rolled sirloin from the fridge prior to cooking to allow it to reach room temperature.
- Mix three cloves of chopped garlic into the beef fat (or oil) with some thyme, pepper and salt and rub it into the rolled sirloin. Leave it for at least an hour. This can be done while you’re bringing the beef up to room temperature which usually requires at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Place the beef sirloin into a roasting tin and cook in the oven. After 30 minutes, turn the heat down to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cook the rolled joint for 10 mins per 450g for rare and 15 mins per 450g for cooked through. (We think rolled sirloin works best medium rare!)
- When cooked, remove the beef from the oven, loosely cover with tinfoil and leave to rest for at least 30 mins.
- While the beef is resting, make some gravy by placing the roasting tin over a high heat. Add the last clove of garlic and some sprigs of thyme. Pour a splash of the red wine into the tin and scrape the bottom to loosen up all the fat and crispy brown bits! Add the rest of the wine.
- Once the wine has reduced by around three-quarters the volume, pour in the beef stock and bring to the boil, adding any more seasoning as you wish. Pour any of the resting juices from the beef into the pan too.
- Pour the gravy through a sieve and into a jug.
- Serve with roast vegetables and potatoes and enjoy!
If you’re looking for the best sirloin joint of beef then choose Eat Great Meat. You’ll love it!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.