(Approx 450 grams) The most popular liver, lambs liver comes from a young spring lamb and is tender and full of iron. Sliced lamb liver goes perfectly with bacon, mash and onions. Simply fry in a pan for a few minutes for the best results.
Approx weight: 450 grams (1 lb)
Lambs liver is the most popular variety of liver, prized for its tender texture and intense taste. Our lamb liver is bursting with flavour and is perfect fried with bacon (see our recipe below!). If you want the best lamb liver, choose Eat Great Meat. We are 8th generation family butchers based in Yorkshire, delivering our premium meat nationwide.
All our lamb, including our lamb liver, is sourced from Yorkshire farms local to us to guarantee freshness. We’ve spent years building relationships with farmers to ensure that we get the very best meat each time.
We’re under the belief (from years of experience!) that the very best lamb comes from Yorkshire. It’s one of the reasons we source the lamb for our liver from local farmers. It comes from a Texel breed of lamb which is known for its high quality taste and texture.
How To Cook Lambs Liver
The best way to cook lambs liver is to fry it in a pan for a few minutes. Remove it from the fridge, pat dry and allow to come to room temperature. Heat up your pan or griddle to it’s very hot. Add a little oil (or, even better, massage some goose fat into the liver!) and cook over a high heat for a few minutes on each side.
Lamb Liver & Bacon Recipe
- 450g Lambs liver
- 800g new potatoes
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 200g mushrooms
- 4 spring onions
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 2tsp paprika
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Half the new potatoes and boil them in a pan for around 15mins. Then drain them and allow them to steam for a few minutes so excess water can evaporate.
- Transfer the drained potatoes to a large frying pan or wok. Fry them until they’re brown and crispy. Set them aside.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and fry it with the spring onions and mushrooms in the pan for 4-5 minutes — allow the bacon to get crispy and the mushrooms to begin to cook down.
- While the mixture is frying, mix the paprika into the flour and add a little salt and pepper. Coat the lambs liver in the flour mixture.
- Heat the stock in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Add the liver to the pan with the bacon, spring onions and mushrooms. After 2-3 minutes (depending on how you like your liver) add the potatoes into the pan so they can quickly reheat. Mix in the chopped parsley and serve onto your plates.
- Pour the hot stock into the frying pan and scrape up all the browned, crispy bits from the bottom. Allow to bubble for a few minutes so it reduces down a little and pour over the potatoes and liver.
If you want to enjoy a delicious, iron-rich meal of lambs liver, then buy online from Eat Great Meat today.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.