(Pack of 2 weighing approx 260 grams)
Approx 130 grams per chop
Yorkshire Lamb Chops
These tender lamb chops are sourced from animals raised in South Yorkshire farms. Eat Great Meat are based in Sheffield (and have been for over 8 generations of butchers!). Sourcing local meat allows us to build lasting relationships with real farmers, ensuring we can get the best. We don’t just get Yorkshire lamb for that reason though: we also use lamb from local farmers because, quite simply, it’s the best! If you’re looking for the most tender and tasty lamb, choose lamb chops from Eat Great Meat.
Our lamb is from the Texel breed which is known for its high muscle content, making for excellent chops and roasting joints. It produces more tender cuts with a better texture than other breeds!
The lamb chop comes from the chop fillet and loin, which makes for very tender meat with lots of flavour. They’re tasty and special enough for a romantic meal, but quick and crowd-pleasing enough for a week-day dinner.
How To Cook Lamb Chops
We recommend that you pan fry or grill our chops, but they also work brilliantly on the BBQ.
At it’s most simple, salt the lamb chops and fry them for 6-8 minutes per side. However, you can also try marinated the chops for maximum flavour. Try this rosemary and garlic lamb chop recipe below…
Rosemary and Garlic Lamb Chops
- Combine 2 tbsp of minced garlic with 1 and a half tbsp of chopped, fresh rosemary (or 2 tsp dried)
- Rub the mixture into both sides of the lamb chops and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on a plate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 mins (and max four hours).
- Heat around 1-2 tbsp in a heavy skillet at medium heat.
- Cook the lamb chops to your taste (we recommend 6 minutes per side).
This is a fantastic way to enjoy delicious lamb chops without the garlic or rosemary overpowering the lamb flavours! In fact, it helps to bring them out even more.