A gammon joint which is a leg of pork boned, rolled and cured. A very versatile ham joint which can be eaten hot as a roast gammon or cold in sandwiches (which we love!). This joint is delivered uncooked. Buy gammon online today.
£12.00 – £22.75
Buy Gammon Online
Buy gammon online with our truly delicious joint. Perfect for roasting for a Sunday lunch or making weekday sandwiches your colleagues will envy! All pork from Eat Great Meat is sourced from a local Yorkshire farm whom we’ve worked with for generations. It allows us to guarantee the highest animal welfare standards, the best texture and unbeatable flavour.
We’re a big fan of combining this delicious gammon joint with some homemade applesauce (or shop bought!), but we understand lots of our customers are fans of the gammon and pineapple combination! We’ve even tried cooking it in Coke before roasting which makes an amazing treat. However you choose to eat your gammon, you can enjoy it knowing you’re getting the best meat at the best deal.
This gammon joint has been boned (which means the bone has been removed), rolled to form the joint and cured to give it its signature gammon flavour and to lock in the moisture. It is delivered uncooked so you can pop it in the oven to enjoy it fresh and hot.
We have a range of different sized joints to cater for every occasion and every sized-family. Simply select your choice and have it delivered straight to your door.
Buy a gammon joint online today.
How to Cook A Gammon Joint
There are two different ways you can cook a gammon joint, boiling or roasting. We would personally recommend roasting as it produces the most deliciously flavoured final result, but it’s up to you!
- Select a pan that’s big enough for your gammon joint to the meat can be completely covered with liquid.
- Completely cover the joint with water, apple juice or cider and add some mixed herbs to enhance the flavour. There’s no need to add salt.
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for the correct time according to the weight of your ham joint. (20 minutes per 1lb, plus an extra 20 minutes.)
- Take the gammon out of the pan. You can use the liquid to make a delicious sauce for the meat or simply pour it away (the meat will have absorbed a lot of the flavour!). Ensure the meat is dry before serving – the liquid should just evaporate off as the ham will be very hot.
Roasting Your Joint
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180°C.
- Place the gammon joint in a roasting dish and cover it with tinfoil. Cook for 30 mins per 1lb plus an additional cooking time of 30 minutes.
- 30 minutes before the end, remove the tinfoil (this will help you get a good crackling!). If you want to add a glaze, do so 20 minutes before the end to prevent it burning. Serve hot.
Boiling and Roasting
An alternative method is to boil and roast your gammon joint.
- Place your gammon in a large pan and completely cover with the liquid of your choice (water, cider, apple juice etc) and add herbs to your taste.
- Bring to the boil and cook gammon for 30 minutes per 1lb.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Drain the meat (using the liquid for stock if you like) and leave to cool for a few minutes. Remove any top layer of skin and leave a layer of fat to create the crackling.
- Score the fat and, if you’re using a glaze, brush it over the joint.
- Place in a roasting tin in the pre-heated oven for an additional 20-30 minutes (or until crackling has formed).
However you choose to cook it, we’re sure you’ll love our gammon joint!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.