This simple and delicious Greek-style pork dish, pork souvlaki, is best served with a fresh Greek salad and tzatziki. The pork is extremely moist and full of flavour – as you’d expect from Eat Great Meat! It comes from a local Yorkshire farm so we can guarantee excellence and flavour. Make a stunning recipe that’s perfect for a weekday (as it’s quick to cook!) or a special treat (as it’s delicious!).
Marinating time – 1-24hrs
Cooking time – 30 min
1 x whole pork tenderloin, with the sinew removed
3 x garlic cloves, grated
1 x lemon, zested and juiced
2 x tbsp dried oregano
1 x tsp dried chervil
1 x tsp dried thyme
1 x tsp smoked chilli flakes (or normal chilli flakes)
1 tsp rock salt
1 tsp pepper
3 tbsp Greek olive oil
Method for Pork Souvlaki:
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix to form a paste
- Trim the pork of all sinew and add it to a sealable bag with the paste. Move the pork around to fully coat it in the paste
- Refrigerate the pork for a minimum of 1 hour, but up to 24 hours is best for all the flavours to soak in
- Remove it from the fridge and put it under a grill for 14 minutes, turning halfway through
- Remove it from the grill, wrap it in foil and leave it to rest for 15 minutes while you prepare the side dishes
- You can serve with other items, but a fresh Greek salad and tzatziki is best. This Greek salad had chopped tomatoes, cucumber, feta and olives.
Serve it up to friends or simply enjoy on your own! This pork souvlaki is fantastic meal that’s delicious any time of the week.