A delicious meal from Eat Great Meat perfect for the whole family! Our pork is sourced from a local Yorkshire farm, which allows us to guarantee the best taste and texture (as well as the highest standards of animal welfare).
Serves 4 – Requirements:
- 8 x pig cheeks
- 4 x slices Parma ham
- 1 x pineapple (or tin of pineapple rings)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 bag of Pontefract cakes
- 50ml gin
- 2 x gem lettuce (cut in to quarters)
You can make this recipe as complicated as you would like. I am also making a pineapple powder and pineapple gel but that is only because I have time on my hands 😊
- In the morning, salt the cheeks and put them into a vacuum seal bag with the lard. If using the fresh pineapple, peel the pineapple and segment in to 6. Seal both and cook sous vide at 80c degrees for 6-8 hours. If you don’t have a sous vide machine, nestle the cheeks in a heavy lidded pot with the lard and enough chicken stock to cover. Put in the oven at 100c and cook until tender, about 6-8 hours. With the pineapple, if no sous vide, grill until soft and put to one side
- Take out to rest
- Heat the oven to 120c. Line a tray with greaseproof paper and lay the slices of Parma ham out flat. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and bake for 30 min. Take out and leave to cool and crisp. Break in to shards
- Warm plates
- Melt 80g pontefract cakes gently in a pan. Add the gin and combine keep adding water to make a paste
- Cut the pineapple in to chunks and blacken with a chefs blow torch
- Melt the butter in a hot pan until foaming, brush the liquorice on the pig cheeks until coated and baste until cooked.
- Heat a pan until hot. Add the lettuce and char on each side. Put to one side.
- Brush the plate with the liquorice, add the pig cheeks, add the pineapple & lettuce and finish with the shards of ham.
Tonight's supper is Pig Cheek with Liquorice and textures of Pineapple (Charred, Gel and Powder). Fantastic produce from @eatgreatmeat ! You can gain the recipe at www.eatgreatmeat.co.uk or at their Facebook page. #foragingfedyks4 #foragingfedyks4meat #porkcheek #pigcheeks #liqourice #pineapple #pineapplegel #pineapplepowder