This is Eat Great Meat‘s unique and delicious version of chilli con carne. I use different cuts of meat to add texture and flavour. As I make this for the family, minimal chillies are used but please add more for your preferred taste!
Adding dark cocoa powder draws out the rich and delicious flavours of the meat, creating a mouth-watering meal that pleases everyone!
500g beef steak mince
500g diced beef stew, fat cut off and cut into chunks
4 x full rashers of smoked streaky bacon, sliced
1 x green pepper, chopped
1 x red pepper, chopped
1 x yellow pepper, chopped
1 x onion, chopped
3 x celery stalks, halved and chopped
1 x punnet button mushrooms, quartered
1 x LG bunch coriander, stalks removed and chopped, leaves chopped
3 x garlic cloves, chopped
1 x tin of chopped tomatoes
2 x tin baked beans
1 x tin kidney beans, drained
1 x bottle black sheep ale
1 beef stock cube
3 x tbsp smoked paprika
1 x tbsp ground coriander
1 x tbsp ground cumin
3 x cubes high cocoa dark chocolate
1 x tbsp instant coffee
1 x smoked chilli whole
- Brown the bacon in a pan until crispy, then add the mince and steak and brown off.
- Add the paprika, coriander and cumin and cook for 1 min.
- Remove the meat from the pan and put to one side. Add the onion, celery, mushrooms, peppers, chilli and garlic with a little oil and sweat off until soft.
- Add the meat back to the pan
- Add the beans, tomatoes, coriander stalks, beer and stock cube and reduce down on a low heat for 1-2 hours stirring every now and again to stop sticking Add the coffee, chocolate and coriander leaves. Cooke for two min stirring continuously and serve
This is a meal that really does please everyone. It’s perfect for family weekday meals or feeding a crowd!